Bus Route Information
Online help for obtaining information regarding your child's bus route has been made available. Should you not find the information desired on the websites, please contact the Transportation Department at (850) 892-1100.
The link to our online bus route system is still under construction and changing as the beginning of the school year is fast approaching. You may visit the links below to obtain information. However, remember the site is still under construction and contained information could change.
Please use this webiste to find information such as bus stop locations, pick up and drop off times, and requesting a bus route.
InfoFinder i: http://www.transfinderi.com?cid=WCS2FFW5Q8X5
Please use this website to sign up for bus transportation alerts. This is a program that will send you a text or give you a courtsey call when there is a delay in your child's transportation.
Bus Bulletin: http://www.busbulletin.com/
Please use the this website to find correct road and street names within Walton County for identifying bus stops and locations. This is a great tool to use in conjunction with the sites listed above.
Bus Safety Rules
In order to provide safe transportation to and from school, the following rules apply:
At the bus stop:
- Students and parents are responsible for safety and proper student behavior going to and from the stop and while waiting for the bus
- Students must stand off the roadway while waiting
- Students must respect other people’s property
- Students must not push, shove, or engage in horseplay
- Parents should supervise children at the stop
- Students must arrive at the bus stop at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to the scheduled pickup time.
- Students must wait for and get off the bus only at the approved stop locations
During loading and unloading:
- Always stay away from the 12 foot “danger zone” around the bus, except when you are directed by the driver to get on or off the bus.
- Never pick up an object that you drop under or near the bus. Ask the driver for help.
- Always be sure the driver can see you
- Make sure clothing and backpacks have no loose drawstrings or long straps that could catch in the handrail or bus door
- When you see the bus coming, stand at the stop and wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before approaching the bus
- Always wait for the driver to signal that it is safe to cross the road and/or load into the bus
- When crossing a traffic lane, always look left, right, then left again; crossing only if approaching traffic has stopped
- Never walk behind the bus
- Only board your assigned bus, unless other arrangements are approved by your school
During the bus ride:
- Always follow the driver’s directions.
- Never distract the driver from driving unless there is immediate danger to you or others
- Remain seated and keep the aisles clear
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum are prohibited
- Use of electronic devices are prohibited (cell phones, mp3 players, video game, etc…)
- Never bring unsafe or unauthorized items into the bus (glass items, sharp objects or aerosols)
- Always wear your seat belt when one is available
- Always keep your arms, legs, and head inside the bus
- Always show respect for your fellow students
- Keep conversation and noise at a reasonable level and remain quiet at railroad crossings. The Student Code of Conduct applies in the bus as well as in the classroom.