Freeport Middle School Dress Code
A student's wearing apparel and grooming shall be the responsibility of the individual student and his or her parents or guardian. Dress and grooming shall be clean, healthy and safe and shall not be permitted to disrupt the teaching learning environment. In schools where the Board has approved uniform dress policies specific to the school, such policies will supersede the following dress and grooming policy. These policies will provide proper decorum for the school environment.
For both male and female students, appropriate and acceptable dress includes:
Only Freeport Middle School shirts/hoodies in the colors of orange, blue, or black are allowed for the 2017-2018 SY. Shirts altered to meet dress code requirements are not allowed.
· School approved shirts will be worn Monday-Thursday and must be visible at all times beginning the first day of school. FMS spirit/club shirts may be worn on Fridays only.
· Jackets worn in the school building must be unzipped/unbuttoned completely at all times so the FMS school shirt is visible. A long sleeve shirt may be worn under the FMS school shirt.
· The requirements for pants, slacks, shorts, layered clothing, and shoes will be the same as outlined in the WALTON COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 2017-2018 STUDENT CODE OF CONDUCT http://www.walton.k12.fl.us/ under the parent tab.
· Students not meeting the Dress Code will be sent to the office. The parent/guardian will be contacted to bring in a change of clothing. If the parent/guardian is unable to supply a change of clothing that meets Dress Code, the student will be provided a “Property of FMS” shirt and/or pants to wear for the remainder of the school day.
· Discipline consequences outlined in the WCSD Code of Conduct will be followed.