Information from Mrs. Watson:
Remind: Text @fmssc1718 to 81010.
- Buddy Program- This program is to pair a new student or a student that might be struggling academically or socially. The pairing is not broadcast and is in place as a "as needed" bases. Basically, what happens is the teacher suggest a student (can be done anonymous) and then that student will be contacted to see if they would like to be part of the program. IF this is something they are interested in, a permission slip will be sent home and then a Student Council officer will be paired with them. I will put the forms on the one drive for suggested students. Just fill it out and put in my box.
- Teacher/Staff program- This program is to assign a Student Council member to a grade level and or a staff member. Basically, they will stop by and see if there is anything they can do to help such as make copies, run errands etc. There will be a sign-up sheet in the front office if you would like to participate. Once Student Council is underway, I will notify you on your Representative.
- Recycle old Markers- Student Council will be helping Crayola out with old markers. These markers (any brand) will be recycled by Crayola and sent to places that are in need of supplies. Our goal is to collect 500 markers. I will be getting a can/bucket to put them in. So help fill it up!
- Coke Tabs- I know this school is known for collecting coke tabs. Student Council wants to push this collection. We want to raise as many as possible so we can donate to the Ronald McDonald house. Many students (as well as myself) have used this program and they voted last year this was something they felt strongly about. Please keep your tabs and bring to me or leave them in the office and we will collect.
- Zombie 5k- This 5K is held in Walton County and it is to support the diabetes organization. As many know, my daughter is type one diabetic. Also, we have a few students that have walked and are walking the halls of FMS that are diabetic as well. Again, this was something that they really wanted to push. All the proceeds go to the research for diabetes. Last year, we won for the school for the most sign ups. We even got a trophy and Deputy Hicks got bragging rights. It was an awesome moment for FMS last year. If this is something you are interested in, make sure to sign up and put FMS as your school. I will put a flyer in the teacher lounge. The 5k is Oct. 21 from 8 am -2 pm.