Academic Grading Scale
*Incomplete-If a student has make-up work due to excused absences or extenuating circumstances and has not completed all assignments by the end of the grading period; an “I” is assigned for the grade. Unless assignments have been completed or special arrangements made with the Principal, the “I” automatically becomes an “F” ten (10) days after the end of the grading period.
Point System For Computing Grades: To improve accuracy and effectiveness in grading, document student progress, and inform instruction, the point system will be utilized to determine your child’s nine weeks, semester, and yearly averages. Recording scores with this method will provide a more accurate final average and ensures promotion and retention decisions truly benefit the student.
PROMOTION AND RETENTION:
· Brief student illness/injury
· Medical/dental appointments
· Death of an immediate family member
· Religious holiday of the specific faith of the student (principal approved)
· Compelled absence (e.g., judicial)
· Natural/major disaster that would justify absence (principal approved)
· School-sponsored/related activity (principal approved)
· Financial or other insurmountable conditions (principal approved)
· Other advanced notice absences (principal approved)
· Unverified absence (absences other than those defined above)
· Missing school bus/oversleeping
· Excessive illness (without physician verification that medical condition justifies pattern)
· Failure to communicate the reason for absence(s)
Readmittance to School
Students returning from an absence should report to the FMS Administrative office with a note from the parent/guardian the day the student returns to school. The office will provide the student with a re-admittance pass. Students are allowed up to three (3) days to present a note for an approved absence upon return to school after this time the absence will be unexcused.
· To ensure safety, all students who arrive on campus after 7:30 A.M. must have a parent/guardian walk them to the office and sign them in.
· Students reporting to school after 8:05 A.M., without an excuse allowed by the WCSD as described in the Code of Conduct, will be held in the cafeteria until the beginning of 2nd period.
· All tardiness is considered unexcused, unless a valid note/reason is presented.
· The school secretary will document tardiness for first period in FOCUS.
· Instructors will document tardiness for periods two through six in FOCUS and detention will be assigned upon the fourth tardy and for each accumulated tardy per nine weeks.
· This policy will take effect ten (10) days after the first day of school.