Freeport Middle School Dress Code
A student's wearing apparel and grooming shall be the responsibility of the individual student and his or her parents or guardian. Dress and grooming shall be clean, healthy and safe and shall not be permitted to disrupt the teaching learning environment. In schools where the Board has approved uniform dress policies specific to the school, such policies will supersede the following dress and grooming policy. These policies will provide proper decorum for the school environment.
- Pants, jeans, long slacks, or capris (below the knee)
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses that are at the knee
- Approved shirts include crew neck t-shirts, polo shirts, button-up shirts, or shirts with a rounded neckline. All shirts must have sleeves and cover the midriff. No v-neck shirts or zipper-front shirts are allowed. When layered shirts are worn, the first layer must meet the approved shirt definition.
- All visible garments including layered garments myst be in accordance with the dress code.
- Please see the Code of Conduct for a more in-depth description of what is NOT acceptable (i.e., pajamas, leggings, spandex, or tights).
Students not meeting the Dress Code will be sent to the office. The parent/guardian will be contacted to bring in a change of clothing. If the parent/guardian is unable to supply a change of clothing that meets Dress Code, the student will be provided a “Property of FMS” shirt and/or pants to wear for the remainder of the school day.
Discipline consequences outlined in the WCSD Code of Conduct will be followed.