Parents and Students of ILDA Students,
All Freeport Middle School students are provided four (4) progress monitoring opportunities throughout the school year in Reading and Math through Renaissance Place’s STAR assessment. Our school and district utilize this data to track the progress of our students. STAR data assists teachers in planning their instruction. Additionally, STAR data assists us in providing meaningful and specific remediation and enrichment opportunities for each student’s needs.
Students participating in the traditional brick and mortar educational setting will be taking the STAR test on campus during normal school hours. All FMS students must participate in testing. To ensure test validity, we are encouraging ILDA students to take the assessment on campus. If you are not comfortable with your ILDA student testing on campus or need to arrange another time, please reach out to Mrs. Ellison via email and alternate arrangements will be made.
To ensure student safety, we are implementing the following procedures:
- Only 22 students can test on campus at a time. Students will sign up for a slot using the link below.
- Testing for ILDA students will occur after school hours when there are only teachers on campus.
- Testing will occur in the cafeteria. A deep sanitization will occur before and after testing.
- Testing stations will be at least 6 feet apart.
- ILDA students will bring their WCSD-issued devices from home to test, ensuring minimal contact with objects on campus.
- A health questionnaire and temperature screening will be provided upon entry.
- Parents of ILDA students may wait in their vehicles or can come pick their student up when they are finished.
- 1-2 teachers will be proctoring the assessment and will be wearing masks.
- Refer all testing content questions to your child’s teacher.
- Refer all testing registration questions to Mrs. Ellison at [email protected]
- Refer all questions regarding student safety measures to Mr. Olson at [email protected] or Mrs. Smith at [email protected].
You may register for testing at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050c4dabae2ea0fa7-star